Posts by Dean Sterling Jones / Original idea by Kelsi Michelle White
I’m a blogger based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. My principal activity is investigative reporting based on deep research using public records. Stories I’ve broken on this blog have subsequently been picked up or cited by mainstream news outlets including The Washington Post, Politico, BuzzFeed, Snopes, The Daily Beast, Press Gazette, Techdirt, Boing Boing, Popehat, and, regrettably, Fox News.
A selection of media reports based on stories published on this blog
• “Amateur sleuths hunt for Trump bombshells” by Darren Samuelsohn, Politico, August 20, 2017
• “Amateur Sleuths Spend Personal Savings Hunting for Trump Dirt” by Shannon Bream, Fox News Insider, August 21, 2017.
• “Trump’s Business Partner Tries to Erase his Prostitution Bust From Web” by Lachlan Markay, The Daily Beast, July 21, 2017
• “Ex-Trump Aide Frantically Scrambles to Scrub Russia From Bio” by Lachlan Markay, The Daily Beast, November 6, 2017
• “Trump Pal Bought IAmAF**got.Com and VaginaBoy.Com, Then the Sites Attacked His Enemy” by Betsy Woodruff, Katie Zavadski, and Ben Collins, The Daily Beast, August 29, 2017*
• “The Daily 202: Anti-Trump backlash fuels a Democratic sweep in Virginia and elections across the country” by James Hohmann, The Washington Post, November 8, 2017
• “This London university keeps hosting pseudoscientific events” by Tom Chivers, BuzzFeed UK, March 15, 2017
• “Did Fox News Ignore News of Paul Manafort’s Indictment and Cover a Cheeseburger Emoji Controversy Instead?” by Kim LaCapria, Snopes, October 30, 2017
• “Magazine publisher with criminal past says Telegraph used him to ‘attack’ Impress” by Freddy Mayhew, Press Gazette, January 27, 2017
• “Sun sales boosted as anti-Corbyn front page prompts bin and burn protests” by James Walker, Press Gazette, June 8, 2017
• “Why is Harvard sticking the knife into butter again?” by Marika Sboros, FoodMed.net, July 29, 2016
• “ADSA faces growing backlash for ‘record 17 lies’ about Noakes” by Marika Sboros, FoodMed.net, May 8, 2017
• “As A Dog Returns To His Vomit, Lunatic Revenge Porn Extortionist and Dryvyng CEO Craig Brittain Returns To Censorious Threats” by Ken White, Popehat, April 6, 2017
• “Revenge Pornster Craig Brittain Issues DMCA Notices Demanding Google Delist Entire Websites, Including Wikipedia” by Tim Cushing, Techdirt, April 7, 2017
• “Craig Brittain’s Senate Race Page Reports Craig Brittain’s Personal Account As An ‘Imposter’” by Tim Cushing, Techdirt, October 31, 2017
• “Turkish president demands Google delist a bunch of websites comparing him to Hitler” by Tim Cushing, Techdirt, May 24, 2017
• “Satirical Cartoon Blog Post Blocked in Turkey” by Maren Williams, Comic Book Legal Defence Fund, December 9, 2016
• “The ultimate DMCA takedown fail” by Rob Beschizza, Boing Boing, October 23, 2017
*On August 8, 2017, I sent this story to a reporter at The Daily Beast, which then published my scoop later that month. I wasn’t credited on the article, so I sent an attribution request to executive editor Noah Shachtman, who told me that Daily Beast reporter Ben Collins found this story independent of me, and that the similarities between the two stories are coincidental.